Ready to Promote Equity, Access, and Student Success?
The Joint Special Populations Advisory Committee is a collection of individuals who bring unique knowledge, and expertise on special populations students. An individual member augments the knowledge and skills of the committee to effectively guide and recommend equity and access resources for educators.
Members attend the quarterly meetings, participate on conference calls, actively carry out the goals activities of the committee, and provide feedback to their regions and related committees to which they belong.
Members are reimbursed for their travel expenses to attend the committee meetings.
Region representation for community college
10 members are represented from the community college.
- one member from the four single-region consortia (4 representatives) (Communty Colleges Regional Map)
- two members from each of the three double-region consortia (6 representatives)
Region representation for K-12 – Adult
10 members are represented from the K-Adult.
- one member from each of the 10 regions (K-Adult Education State Regional Map)
Representation from the public and private sector
10 members are represented from the public and private sector.
- does not need to represent a particular region
- K-12/Adult Education-Region 9 (Check regional map)
- Community College- Regions 1-2 and 7-8 (Check regional map)
- Public/Private Sector- Four
If there are no vacancies in your region for secondary, or post-secondary, we offer a supporting member option.
- Supporting members can represent any region from secondary or post-secondary
- Supporting members are not mandated for this position to attend the meetings, conference, or participate on conference calls
- Supporting members do not receive travel reimbursements to attend committee meetings, conference
Become a Member
Educators, Public/Private Sector, Statewide Initiatives
Interested in becoming an advisory member, or supporting member please submit an application.
Filling the position
Community College process to fill a position can be recommended by a member, requested by community college, or project monitor request from the chair of the regional consortium. The recommended applicant will submit an online application and resume. The applicant’s application and resume is reviewed by the committee for approval. Once the application is reviewed and approved by the committee, a formal email is sent to their Administrator and nominee is approved as a member or supporting member of the committee.
K-Adult Education process of to fill a member position is recommended by the California Department of Education (CDE) project Monitor and emailed to the applicants CDE unit administrator for approval and the program coordinator. The recommended applicant submits an online application and resume. The applicant’s application and resume is reviewed by the committee. Once the application is reviewed by the committee, a formal email is sent to the Unit Administrator and nominee is accepted as a member or supporting member of the committee.
Public and Private sector process to fill a member position are nominated and selected by the voting members of the committee.